The weather could not have been more spectacular on Saturday, September 15th for the first weekend of USBands competition which kicked-off at four sites throughout the Mid-Atlantic. The Pride of Metuchen Marching Band participated in the Annual US Bands Sanctioned Edison Festival of Marching Band Competition with 13 regional marching bands. It was presented by the Edison High Marching Eagles. The Edison Festival of Marching is organized to bring the great talents and performances of these bands together for all to enjoy. Some of the bands that participated are: JP Stevens, Metuchen, Bridgewater-Raritan, and Scotch Plains.
Click here for more photos.
Formerly known as the USSBA, USBands is dedicated to the service of music educators by providing opportunities for programs of all levels of achievement to perform, grow and challenge their students.
Pride of Metuchen Marching Band Profile
- Students in the band: 97
- School colors: Royal Blue and White
- Band Directors: John Messenger and John Morrison
- Percussion Instructors: Robert ‘Tex’ Lazenberry, Sean Sullivan, Jason Gomez, Samara Gomez
- Music Arranger: Gary Gilroy
- Color Guard Designer: Debbie Yaniga
- Drum Majors: Connor Babos, Ricky Canton, Skye Elkins
- Color Guard Captains: Jenna Greenfeder, Kaitlyn Caventry-Cox, Rachel Gates, Halle Best
- 2011 Show Title/Theme: The Climb
- Superintendent of Schools: Vincent Caputo
- Principal: Bruce Peragallo
- Supervisors of Fine and Performing Arts: Mary Lou Roma
- Notable Performances and Awards: Invited to Perform at the Orange Bowl 2012, USSBA Finalist 2005-2010, Cavalcade of Bands Indoor Percussion Champions: 2009-2010, Cavalcade of Bands Indoor Guard Finalist: 2008-2010
Photos of the Metuchen Marching Band at their pre-performance setup:
Photos of the band during their performance: